I attended Oak & Main’s Valentine’s Market and had quite the blast! Learned about some new local businesses and met up with some friendly faces! I didn’t get the chance to stop at every booth, but I snagged their business cards so I could share them with you!Continue reading Valentine’s Day Market – Haul
My Inspiration For This Cosplay
Daphne Blake has always been my favourite from Scooby-Doo, as someone who watched the two original Scooby Doo series growing up I have just always had a love for the show and all things Scooby related. When I cosplayed Velma a week or two ago I received so much overwhelming love so I felt it appropriate to incorporate my favourite character in my new Cosplay Corner series before Halloween arrives. So many are asking me where I got my outfit so here is your chance to shop this look!Continue reading Cosplay Corner: Creepers, Daphne Blake
Shop the look! It is finally October and my favorite time of the year where cosplayers and the normal people collide, dressing up together and for fun, especially on Halloween! I will be sharing my cosplays and makeup looks with you all this month on my Instagram and here on my blog so you can shop or re-create the look! Today’s look I will be sharing with you all is Velma from Scooby-Doo.Continue reading Cosplay Corner: Velma from Scooby Doo
We have talked about how you can let go of the past and all that is holding you back, we’ve went over ways you can get over your fears and so much more. Now it is time to start putting yourself first! In this read, I will share ways that has helped me personally as well as others including my closet friends. By the end of this post you will be ready to finally start putting yourself first and hopefully without any guilt whatsoever.
First, let’s talk about WHY you need to start putting yourself first. For one, you’re probably exhausted right now and you NEED to REST! Second, it is a form of self love that everyone needs to practice! Third but not last, It helps us live a healthier life. Your physical an mental (possibly even spiritual) health depends on you practicing forms of self love… which include, putting yourself first! Now, we all heard about Jessie Gallan, the 109 year old woman who said her secret to living a long life was to avoid men! Now this could just be her adding humor and wanting to make people laugh but I think she was serious! Maybe avoiding men and being a strong independent woman was her way of putting herself first. Everyone puts themselves first in all kinds of ways. So to sum this up we can for sure interpret that her answer was, “self-love”.
Now let’s get to the ways we can put ourselves first:
- Take care of your body – Take regular bubble baths or Epsom salt baths to help relieve tension and soreness in your body and be sure to moisturize all over after you get out of the shower. I like to take baths, relax, then shower and moisturize. It helps a ton! Also know when to quit, put your physical body first. Don’t forget to wash your hair and use a nice hair mask and face mask while bathing! Foot creams are also nice, especially if you’re on your feet all the time.
- Write down your priorities – list things you will put first on your list to help you put yourself first.
- Make sure to keep a balance between helping others and helping yourself to needs and wants – to help you balance simply create a T chart or go with the flow and remember there needs to be a balance. Balancing helps you put yourself first while allowing yourself to help others when they need it. Helpful when you have children or a significant other.
- Make time for sleep – sleep purposely and plan to get 9 hours of sleep each week night. I say plan because I know there are women (maybe even men) reading this that have babies. Plan to get 9. Psychologists recommend 7-9 hours of sleep with 9 hours being the best you can aim for since there is a thing called REM (which you can look up, it is a big deal though when it come to sleeping in 3 hour increments).
- Take care of your mind – Unfollow and unfriend toxicity and allow yourself to turn off the electronics once in a while. Resist lurking people’s profiles that tend to upset you and resist the urge to read the comment section of your local news stations on Facebook. Better your life in these ways and I promise affirmations will help you think in a more positive light.
- Start saying “no” – saying no when that is what you want or need to say will literally change your life. I promise you.
- Know when to ask for help – put your pride aside and understand that sometimes we need a little help. Like, if you’re exhausted and have a lot of chores and the baby won’t stop crying — call for help. Don’t feel ashamed. If you’re overwhelmed with studying, ask for help so you can understand or take initiative and ask to copy notes if you had to take a rest day from school (college). Know when to ask for help, and don’t feel ashamed.
- Know that you’re important, but don’t overdue yourself – You are important! People need you and some rely on you, however, don’t let that take over your life. Make some time for you. Create windows for when you will allow yourself to help others and create windows where you give time to only you.
- Eat Healthier – Keeping in mind what you put into your body will help you in so many ways. Your body will thank you.
Now keep in mind, once you start putting yourself first you will feel guilty, as it is new to you and you are figuring out the balance. Remind yourself why you need to put yourself first and that it is okay to feel guilty but you don’t have to feel guilty. You may have feelings where you feel selfish, shake those ideas out of your head because practicing the ways to put yourself first I gave you are anything but selfish! Most of those things are necessities!
If you feel that people will judge you or they’re thinking bad of you because you’re putting yourself you must let go of those thoughts and if they come at you in negative ways they are toxic, you may need to cut them off, or simply let them know why and ENCOURAGE THEM to put themselves first too.
If you decide to use those methods or to put this whole blog post to use in your life, please let me know. Leave a comment if there was something I missed that you personally do and subscribe to this blog for more posts like this! And follow me on Instagram for more inspiration where I post affirmations everyday on my stories and a lot of self love content. Feel free to even shoot me a DM, let’s conversate! All conversations stay confidential unless you give me permission to share. I will never ask to share though, it is purely if you want me to. I hope you have a blessed day and keep slaying! Instagram is @lifewithcaitie.
Some More Blogs Like This One:
Letting go is something hard to do sometimes I know this from experience after experience. I have lost connections with good friends of my past, I have had to let go of situations that have caused me trauma even at a young age. I have tried to suppress anger, guilt, sadness only for it to go south and never leave – to be forever engraved into my skull. (I get poetic sometimes, sorry if that was too dark!)
There are so many people in this world that have felt what I felt, or feel what I feel which is why it was important for me to start this series on selfcare and selflove as well as body positivity. I don’t want to get too much into my story this early on in the series as well as since I created this blog for all of us! I want to help, not sulk or make this about me. This is about all of us who have felt these negative emotions and gone through tough situations. Read ahead to learn the best tips on how we can let go of this weight we carry on our shoulders that do in fact, affect the way we live day after day. It is time for us to let go and live as our best selves!
I know many people tell you to do this, listen to them. It really does help when you distance yourself from things that no longer serve you for the good. Whether it be people, a thought, a situation, etc. It is time to put a wall between you and that said item.
Don’t Focus on the Outcomes!
Don’t get yourself invested and obsessive over what is going to happen. This just causes unnecessary stress that you really don’t need at the moment. Instead, have faith. Have faith in yourself knowing that whatever happens, it will only result in you getting stronger and more self-aware. When you trade fear for faith it tends to really help build your confidence and mind in positive ways. This is a part of self-growth individuals deserve to recognize.
Talk About It!
Everyone dreads talking about their feelings for so many irrelevant reasons. We think we are a burden or a “Debbie-downer” however, none of those are the case! Talking about the way we feel should NOT make someone uncomfortable if they are a real friend or a good family member. We also can always contact professional help to listen to us too. Don’t feel ashamed, every single person on this planet has something going on in their lives. Talking about your feelings will help you. Don’t you even think about being “edgy” and push your emotions away to avoid talking about it. Maybe if it is really hard for you to talk about your feelings, invest in a journal! I journal all the time and it really does help me tons.
Let Go of the Idea That You Can Control the Situation!
Let go of the idea that you can control people or the situation. You do however, have control over yourself; keep composure and analyze what is exactly going on. Will this situation serve you no matter the outcome? Now is the time to make decisions for yourself so don’t stress about others or the situation itself. You can remove yourself from the equation altogether if that is also what you want.
Stop Blaming Yourself!
Stop blaming yourself and others (depending on situation). Something I tell everyone including myself is that if you continue to blame yourself (or others), you will never get over the situation no matter what other tips or pieces of advice you follow. You must take one breath in, and out. Realize that it is over now and you are in complete control about what you do with that realization. Stop blaming yourself for starters.
Accept What Has Happened!
Once something is over with it, this kind of goes hand in hand with the fact you need to stop blaming yourself. Accept what happened and think of ways you can move on. Simple as that! Following all these other tips can also help you accept what happened.
Another tip that goes hand in hand with how you need to stop blaming! You must forgive that person or yourself so you can fully let go of this situation. I know how hard it is to forgive others, it can be so so hard. But we must not forget our worth and how people do have the chance to change. Even if they can change – if you don’t want to see them again, you can still forgive them.
Practice Being in the Present!
Practice being in the present and aware of what is going on right this second. This will help you keep going after you finally have let go what you were holding onto. Practice not only being in the present for your emotions but practice for yourself. Being in the present is a beautiful thing. Focus on living life right now. It is time for us to quit sobbing over the past. We cannot change what has happened/occurred in our past, but we can change what happens in our future (depending on what it is of course). Don’t even bother worrying about the future either! Live in the now.
Focus On Yourself!
After all is said and done… FOCUS ON YOURSELF! We need to start focusing on ourselves now, our own lives. Do what is best for you and not for others (unless of course your kids are involved).
Engage in Selfcare & Selflove
Finally, engage in some selfcare activities. Start journaling (I have great February Journal Prompts for you to use over on my Instagram just click here!), start doing things you love or enjoy, start putting yourself first… start living for you and not them!!! Selfcare is one of the best practices in the world – and most of the time, free!
Follow me on Instagram so you can stay up to date with this series. I also have so much more going on in my stories on this subject, go have a look! Read some captions, and start loving yourself now! Happy February! New blogs every Friday this month, so subscribe to the blog for more! Thank you for reading! ❤