Highlighting One of the Most Anticipated Events in Nicholasville Kentucky!
Nicholasville Kentucky is a small town located south of Lexington that offers quite a bit of stuff to do and sights to see! Some may argue there is nothing to do here, however, I beg to differ and will protest that statement in my upcoming blog, Hidden Gems of Jessamine County I plan to release by January 2022.
This past weekend Jessamine County hosted their Jessamine Fall Festival (in Nicholasville) which featured local vendors, food, fun, and community interaction. I attended the morning and afternoon of the event on Saturday. It was a great crowd, and everyone followed guidelines and was respectful towards one another and I am just so proud of that. In this blog, I will discuss some local businesses and some of the fun I had with my husband, my sister, brother-in-law, and his nephews. In the end, I am also featuring a gallery of photos sent to me by the Jessamine Fall Fest page and fellow citizens who enjoyed their time at the festival!
The opening ceremony was a nice one! They opened with the East & West High School Choir singing the National Anthem along with the American Legion Guard Post 63. As well as the East Jessamine Middle School Harmonics group with Mr. Mason-Walker.
Local Vendors and Shops
There was a great variety of vendors from all over Central Kentucky! I, unfortunately (with the crowd) only had the chance to speak to a few, but I am adding all the vendors I know of to this list so if you missed out, you can go check them out on your own time! If your business was there and not listed, shoot me an email and I will add you! I highly encourage everyone to go support these businesses!
- Breaking Free Kentucky – Nonprofit organization in Central Ky that helps with resources for housing, services and job opportunities for women whose lives have been affected by abuse and trauma. I visited their booth and purchased a candy apple. I just had to feature this because as a survivor myself, how could I pass this opportunity? I love women supporting and helping fellow women. Visit their website by clicking here.
- Handcrafted From Home – A small business local to Versailles, Ky. She makes some really funny and amazing things for the home! You can check out her Instagram by clicking here.
- Grams Greatest Creations – A local crafts maker who also makes amazing funny and sweet home goods! Click here to check out their Facebook page!
- Beyond Sight Creations – Creates amazing wire trapped crystals that are tarnish resistant and so beautiful, and so much more! You will need to click here and check out her Facebook page to really get the full idea, beautiful pieces for sure. Nicholasville local as well!
- Your Country Princess Boutique – Local shop here in Nicholasville Ky that specializes in custom goods, home décor and much more. Check out their Facebook page by clicking here!
- Ponies & Paisleys Embroidery and Vinyl – Cute shop that offers embroidery and screen printing! Check out their Facebook Page and click here!
- Lock 8 Designs – A local shop to Central Kentucky, Nicholasville area that specializes in embroidery, clothing and much more. Click here to check out their website!
- Chrisman Mill Vineyards & Winery – Vineyard and winery located in jessamine Co. Ky. I tried one of their sweet sangrias while at the festival and it didn’t disappoint. May have to do a blog just for them soon! Like them on Facebook or just check them out by clicking here!
- Sassy Mama – Boutique local to Central Ky that features maternity clothing that is comfortable and cute! Click here to check them out on Facebook!
- Azalea’s Bowtique – This is another local craft maker who creates the cutest bows! Check them out on Facebook by clicking here!
Overall, it was a very nice festival this year, with a much bigger crowd than in 2019. It was quite impressive and very fun! There were other events but I didn’t attend them. Below is a gallery full of photos from several people who attended as well! There was face painting, airbrush tattoos, and more! I cannot wait till next year’s Fall Fest! Thank you for reading and please consider subscribing to my blog, I blog about all things Kentucky and I also help small businesses and local businesses with promotion. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram as well!