We’re getting to the part of the year where the days are colder and shorter. However, the romance is still fluttering in the air. In this blog post, I will share five date ideas for the Holidays!
5. Grab Some Coffee/Hot Cocoa
There are quite a few local cafes I can suggest!
- Coffee at Oak and Main – Nicholasville Ky – Their Facebook Page
- Old School Coffee Lex – Lexington Ky – Their Instagram Page
- Coffee Times Coffee House – Lexington Ky – Their Facebook Page
- A Cup Of Common Wealth – Lexington Ky – Their Instagram Page
4. Have Dinner at a Nice Local Resturaunt
Eating at local restaurants is a great way to bond with someone while supporting a local business! Here are some excellent local restaurants I have been to and certainly suggest!
- J Alexander’s – The Summit at Fritz Farm in Lexington Ky – Their Website
- Lexington Diner – Lexington Ky – Their Website
- The Home Stretch Bar and Grill – Nicholasville Ky – Their Website
- Epping’s on Eastside – Lexington Ky – Their Website
3. Check Out Local Events Near You
Always check if any events are going on near you! You will find all sorts of fun, unique, exciting things to do! You can check out my “News and Events” page here on my website or search for events on Facebook! I always keep my events page up-to-date! A few events my Husband and I are looking at this December are:
- Christmas Tea at White Hall – Richmond Ky – Facebook Event Link
- The Nutcracker Ballet at the Opera House – Lexington Ky – Facebook Event Link
- Lights Under Louisville – Louisville Ky – Ticket Website
2. Go Look At Christmas/Holiday Lights Together
Sightseeing for Christmas/Holiday lights is always a fun idea! Many neighborhoods in Lexington often decorate for Christmas, and I feel this would be a unique date experience. There are also places like Louisville Mega Cavern, which hosts Lights Under Louisville, and Southern Lights in Lexington that showcase Christmas/Holiday lights and displays with quite a bit of extra things to do! I will say, Southern Lights has to be one of my favorite places in the wintertime.
1. Go Ice Skating
Ice skating is also a unique date idea. So many people are afraid to get on the ice, but this makes for a great bonding moment together as you can face your fears with each other by trying ice skates out! The Lexington Ice Center is a magnificent place for those who have never been ice skating before! You can check out their website by clicking here. You can also visit Triangle Park in Lexington and their seasonal skating rink! To view times and prices, click here!
No matter what you choose to do for date night, remember that time is precious. Turn off the cellphones, try something new, get out and experience the world around you! If you enjoyed these ideas and if you try them out, let me know! I may make a post for date ideas in Nicholasville or Lexington, or both soon! Comment below what your perfect date night looks like; I would love to hear your thoughts as well! If you enjoy supporting and living local, please consider subscribing to this blog for more posts like this one. I often highlight businesses here that are local in Central Kentucky! You can also follow me on Instagram! As always, thank you for reading and tuning in!